What are FHA Loan Limits in Massachusetts?
FHA loans are a low down payment mortgage program and Massachusetts FHA loan limits are connected to local home values. Search the charts below to determine the maximum mortgage amount allowed for your county. FHA loan limits in Massachusetts are set higher than the floor amount of $275,665 across most of the state.
Massachusetts FHA Loan Limits Search:
|BARNSTABLE||BARNSTABLE TOWN, MA||$408,250||$522,600||$631,750||$785,100|
|DUKES||VINEYARD HAVEN, MA||$636,150||$814,500||$984,525||$1,223,475|
|FRANKLIN||GREENFIELD TOWN, MA||$275,665||$352,950||$426,625||$530,150|
Massachusetts FHA loan limits can change at any time. Check back often to ensure accurate information.
How are Massachusetts FHA Limits Set?
Mortgage limits for Massachusetts FHA loans are based on median housing prices for the particular Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) and county. More specifically, “Median Sale Price” for area homes in each county or MSA is considered the determining factor. National FHA mortgage limits for low costs areas are set at 65 percent of the national conventional conforming loan limit. FHA loan limits are updated yearly.
Massachusetts FHA Loan-to-Value Limits (LTV)
- Purchase Loans – The mortgage loan-to-value limit in MA is 96.5% of the lower of the purchase price or the appraised value of the home.
- Refinance Loans – The refinance loan-to-value limit in MA is 97.75% of the lower of the appraised property value, or the mortgage amount plus closing costs. If you’re refinancing and taking cash out from equity, the loan limit will be limited to 85% of the appraised home value.
Massachusetts FHA loan limits are set above nationwide floor amount in Boston, Worcester, Springfield, Lowell, Cambridge, New Bedford, Brockton, Quincy, Lynn, Fall River, Newton, and Lawrence. You may also want to view these additional FHA loan resources before deciding on a mortgage loan:
More FHA Loan Resources
- FHA Loan Limits for all 50 states
- Conforming Loan Limits for all 50 states
- Check Your FHA Loan Eligibility
- Determine Your FHA Mortgage Payment Amount
- Check Current FHA Mortgage Rates
- FHA Loan Requirements
- Understanding FHA Mortgage Insurance
- FHA Payment Calculator
- FHA Mortgage Insurance Calculator
- FHA Upfront MIP Calculator
- FHA Refinance Loans
- FHA Streamline Refinance
- FHA Cash-Out Refinance
- Other Mortgage Options
- Ask an FHA Mortgage Question
- FHA Mortgage Rates